- A new section called Xtreamering was added to the main menu replacing “Movie Jukebox” . It contains various user created packages such as Movie Jukebox, xVoD, xLive, XTPhotos, xKartina – ipTV, xRodnoe – ipTV, xGames etc along with online channels provided officially, news, weather and photo sharing sites. Upgrades for the official firmware and various packages can also be found here.
– “Xtreamering” is an auto upgradeable online package.
– Each sections is auto downloadable.
– User can auto upgrade each section by just selecting that particular section and pressing “1” button, even you can upgrade “Xtreamering” package by selecting “Disclaimer” and pressing “1” from Remote control
– There is a section named “Online Upgrade” which also provides upgrade functionality along with Firmware upgrade
- As Xtreamering runs from HDD/USB (sda or sda1 partition), if no HDD/USB present it will auto redirect to “Internet” section (previous Internet menu)
- Sub-folder playback. Pressing “Play” button from any root directory will play all the files from that folder and subfolders recursively
– For example : If you go to “Media Library->HDD” and press “Play” button all the files of “Xtreamer (C:) (/sda1)” will be played continuously
– If the root (..) chosen it will play all the files (including files of subfolders) of that drive
– If some folder chosen it will play all the files (including files of subfolders) of that folder
– “Movie”/”Music”/”Photo” tab will play corresponding type files
– “All” tab will play video files
- “Internet Radio” was moved back to the Main menu replacing “Internet” section
The default value of “Setup->A/V->HDMI Chroma Sub-sampling Set” has been set to 4:4:4 for better HDMI compatibility
– After upgrade “Reset Defaults” needed to get this setting take effect.
* The auto-updater preventing overwriting files that are bigger than the updated file. Fixed.
* Samba shares are not working with Windows 7+Windows Live Essen 2011. Partial fix.
– Now Samba shares from Windows 7 with Windows Live Essen 2011 are accessible from “Media Library->NET” section
– From “Media Library-> Network Shares” – still working on the full solution.
Download and installation instructions
You can use online upgrade feature (from Internet section).
Download link for Xtreamer Mk1 and SideWinder: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IM5SB02L
To upgrade the firmware please:
1. Download the firmware file.
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory) and unzip\unrar it.
3. Copy the firmware file to a USB memory stick (formatted FAT32) and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer player and navigate to the SETTINGS -> SYSTEM menu options.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer player containing the firmware update file.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend to upgrade the firmware via your network shared folders, as a loss in connection to the network could cause a break in the firmware upgrade process.
7. Once you have located the file, highlight the file and press ENTER on your remote to begin the upgrade process.
8. The Xtreamer will reboot and the process will be done in matter of few minutes. Once done the Xtreamer will reboot itself.
9. After the process is finished, you may want to do a RESTORE DEFAULT in the SETTINGS menu.
** CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE XTREAMER DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **
Emergency firmware download and installation instructions
Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery – Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.
(1) Download the Xtreamer Emergency file
(2) Extract the file install.img
(3) Format a USB stick FAT32 and copy the “install.img” file to the root.
(4) Disconnect all the cables, remove WIFI antenna and any other USB storage devices. Take the unit out of the electricty power on the wall for 30 minutes. Plug the power in again.
(5) In Remote control, press “Home”(release button) -> “3”(release button) -> “Power”(release button). Press the buttons with a 1 sec pause.
Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first…
If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.
Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.
Please note : After “intro” screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.
It might be necessary to run the procedure several times. If you are not successful you may need to use another USB stick.